My journey as I do life with my hubby, 4 pets, family and friends. Look at some of my creative works - digital postcards & cooking creations ! Also reviews of Brisbane restaurants, and my journey on SureSlim !

August 5, 2010

Time to meet the Fur Babies !!

Think its time I introduced you all to the rest of the family ....

In order of joining the family we have

Athena  -  She is a grey persian mix kitty cat - she is my heart cat, I am so blessed to have her in my life.
Pharaoh - Red point balinese. He is such a cool dude, and a real buddy.
Zorro - The Border Collie. Hyper, ball obsessed, and daddy's best mate.
Lani - The latest member of the clan who joined us at the end of January this year. Mummy's girl. Waited a year for her, and can I just say, was worth every second.  Rough Collie.








So there you have it !! Our children (all be it 4-legged and furry!)

My parents, dad especially is just besotted with her !! She runs up to him and gives the best kisses and cuddles, dad's heart just melts. I've never seen him like that with anyone before !

Yesterday, was such a beautiful day (exactly the same weather & temp as it was 3 years ago for our wedding - my how time flies) - so I decided to grab the camera and take a few pics.

Dad came outside to feed the kookaburra's - and what should have been a 5 min job (if that) turned in to 15 mins task, as he had 2 dogs to contend with, who wanted some food too.   I won't post all the photos (as I must have taken over 30!) but just so you can get a feel for what this little "Lani Liscious" (as I call her) has done to my dad - made him a big softy !!!

Dad trying to feed the kooka's with 2 dogs lurking around for mince meat !











No more okay !

 
Dad gives in ... last treat !


Its quite funny to see my dad like that !!! The day Lani got desexed, dad even came home early from work just so he could see her !!!   Yes - this is a DOG we are talking about ... not a human grandchild.   I think my love for my animals is rubbing off on to him !   This is the reason why Lani is so spoilt.  My parents feed her.  Not dog food, but home made yummy food. Casseroles, spagetti bolognese (all dog friendly mind you), meat, cheese, you name it. 
This is why children love their grandparents, as they get all the exciting treats rather than being stuck with the parents on a healthy every day diet ....  Welcome to life I guess !!  Lots to look forward too when we have our real babies one day. My parents spoiling them rotten (and even though I ask them nicely to not feed them, I am sure that they still will !!) lol.  The joys of living with your parents (or having your parents live with you more like it) means it can happen every day.  What have we gotten ourselves in for !! LOL.   Full time baby-sitters - thats what !!! ;)    Payback ! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment