My journey as I do life with my hubby, 4 pets, family and friends. Look at some of my creative works - digital postcards & cooking creations ! Also reviews of Brisbane restaurants, and my journey on SureSlim !

July 23, 2010

The "Unbelievable" Steak

As hubby and I are both on a diet - our portion sizes have shrunk :(

Normally hubby would eat a 500g piece of rump steak.  I had my dad (the butcher) cut us some really think rump for him as thats how he likes it.  So, knowing that he is now on a diet, the whole piece would have been far too much.  As mum was working the night time, I offered to cook for dad - so halved the massive rump to feed them both  (much to the dissappointment of my hungry hubby).  I told him he was lucky to get what he got as really half of what he had would have been enough !! 
Suffice to say - it was all devoured & thoroughly enjoyed by all !

I bought recently the Jamie Oliver Shark Tooth Griddle Pan - fantastic ! And so easy to clean too.

Steaks were marinated in extra virgin olive oil, parsley, garlic, sea salt and oregano. All blended to make a paste, all steaks brushed with the paste (both sides) and grilled to our liking.

Rump (thick & butterflied) and Eye Fillet Butterflied for me :)

Marinated in Garlic, Parsley & Oregano



The final Product

Signing out for now, will be back tonight possibly.

Have a great day everyone !

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment